Engine Control Module (ECM / ECU) for the 2008 Toyota Corolla 1.8L with Automatic Transmission. Fits 2008 Corolla CE and Corolla S.
IMPORTANT: You probably have learned that “Used ECMs need programming“. It’s true. When you buy a used ECM, you will also need to spare time and money to go to a shop or dealer for programming your ECM. Otherwise, the engine won’t start.
BUT, WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED! This unit has been repaired, refurbished and programmed. This ECM will NOT need programming. It is ready to install and use right away!
NOTE: Please, before ordering, make sure your actual ECM part number matches the part numbers offered in the list below.
This unit will directly replace ANY of the following ECM part numbers:
The part number of your ECM is located on the label of the ECM as shown below. This is an example of an “89661-02R00”.
Application. This unit will fit the following Toyota models:
2008 Toyota Corolla CE 1.8L VVTi Automatic
2008 Toyota Corolla S 1.8L VVTi Automatic
A bad ECM in the 2008 Toyota Corolla may cause any of numerous symptoms, but the most common are:
- The engine won’t start
- Transmission harsh shifting problems
- The engine starts, but won’t go over 2000 RPMs
The 2008 Toyota Corolla engine ECM is located under the glove compartment as shown below:
Notes referring to common questions we receive
- This is a direct 2008 Toyota Corolla ECM replacement
- ECM (Engine Control Module) and ECU (Engine Control Unit) refers to the same part.
- No programming needed. Your transponder keys will be automatically registered when installing the ECM and starting the car with your keys.
- We ship worldwide.
- We ship through USPS and FedEx.
- Shipping to the USA through USPS Priority Mail is FREE.
- When installing, it is a good idea to disconnect the vehicle battery, but it is not a must.
- No core charges. You do not need to send back your old ECM as a core.