Engine Control Module (ECM a.k.a ECU) for 2005, 2006 and 2007 Toyota Corolla 1.8L, VVTi, Automatic models. This ECM fits the Toyota Corolla CE and Toyota Corolla S. It also fits the 2005/2006 Toyota Matrix.
TOYOTA PART# 89661-02K20
IMPORTANT: You probably have learned that “Used ECMs need programming“. It’s true, when you buy a used ECM, you will also need to spare time and money to go to a shop or dealer for programming your ECM. Otherwise, the engine of your car will not start. Most of our competitors are asking for a greater price for this ECM and the ECM is not even programmed, so if you buy from them, you will need to spend an extra $100 on programming for it to work in your car.
BUT NOT HERE! We ‘ve got you covered. This unit has been repaired, refurbished and programmed. This ECM will NOT need programming. It is ready to install and use right away!
NOTE: Please, before ordering, make sure your actual ECM part number matches the part numbers offered in the list below.
This unit will directly replace ANY of the following Toyota ECM part numbers:
- 89661-02C10 (Toyota)
- 89661-02C11 (Toyota)
- 89661-02C12 (Toyota)
- 89661-02C13 (Toyota)
- 89661-02D01 (Toyota)
- 89661-02D02 (Toyota)
- 89661-02K20 (Toyota)
- 89661-02K21 (Toyota)
- 89661-02K22 (Toyota)
- 89661-02K23 (Toyota)
- 590-50965 (Hollander)
- 590-60782 (Hollander)
The part number of your ECM is located on the label of the ECM as shown below. This is an example of an “89661-02K20”.
Applications. This unit will fit the following Toyota models:
- 2005 Toyota Corolla CE 1.8L VVTi Automatic
- 2005 Toyota Corolla S 1.8L VVTi Automatic
- 2006 Toyota Corolla CE 1.8L VVTi Automatic
- 2006 Toyota Corolla S 1.8L VVTi Automatic
- 2007 Toyota Corolla CE 1.8L VVTi Automatic
- 2007 Toyota Corolla S 1.8L VVTi Automatic
A bad ECM in the 2005-2007 Toyota Corolla may cause any of numerous symptoms, but the most common are:
- The engine won’t start
- Transmission harsh shifting problems
- The engine starts, but won’t go over 2000 RPMs
- May give error codes P0601, P0606 or P0607
Where is my ECM located in the vehicle?
The 2005-2007 Toyota Corolla engine ECM is located under the glove compartment as shown below:
Notes referring to common questions we receive:
- This unit will fix problems addressed on the 2005 Toyota Corolla ECM recall.
- This is a direct 2005 Toyota Corolla ECM replacement
- ECM (Engine Control Module) and ECU (Engine Control Unit) refers to the same part.
- Transponder car keys are programmed car keys with a microchip hidden in the plastic handle. These 2005-2008 Toyota Corolla models use such keys. That is why programming of the ECM is needed for the engine to start and run.
- Warranty of this unit is 12 months.
- We ship worldwide. USPS Priority Mail (FREE) to USA and FedEx to international locations.
- When installing, it is a good idea to disconnect the vehicle battery, but it is not a must.