Engine Control Module (ECM a.k.a ECU) for 2005, 2006 and 2007 Toyota Corolla 1.8L, VVTi, Automatic models. This ECM fits the Toyota Corolla, Corolla CE and Toyota Corolla S. It also fits the 2005/2006 Toyota Matrix.
TOYOTA PART# 89661-02K21
IMPORTANT: You probably have learned that “Used ECMs need programming“. It’s true. When you buy a used ECM, you will also need to spare time and money to go to a shop or dealer for programming your ECM. Otherwise, the engine of your car will not start.
BUT WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED! This unit has been repaired, refurbished and programmed with the latest calibration from Toyota. This ECM will NOT need programming. Also, the immobilizer system has been reset to accept your car keys right away. It is ready to install and use right away!
We have noticed that most of our competitors are asking for a similar or greater price for this ECM models and the ECMs they sell are not tested, not updated and not even programmed, so if you buy from them, you will need to spend extra $$$ in most cases for making it work with your car.
NOTE: Please, before ordering, make sure your actual ECM part number matches the part numbers offered in the list below.
This unit will directly replace ANY of the following ECM part numbers:
- 89661-02C10 (Toyota)
- 89661-02C11 (Toyota)
- 89661-02C12 (Toyota)
- 89661-02C13 (Toyota)
- 89661-02D01 (Toyota)
- 89661-02D02 (Toyota)
- 89661-02K20 (Toyota)
- 89661-02K21 (Toyota)
- 89661-02K22 (Toyota)
- 89661-02K23 (Toyota)
- 590-50965 (Hollander)
- 590-60782 (Hollander)
The part number of your ECM is located on the label of the ECM as shown below.
Applications. This will fit the following Toyota models:
- 2005 Toyota Corolla CE 1.8L VVTi Automatic
- 2005 Toyota Corolla S 1.8L VVTi Automatic
- 2006 Toyota Corolla CE 1.8L VVTi Automatic
- 2006 Toyota Corolla S 1.8L VVTi Automatic
- 2007 Toyota Corolla CE 1.8L VVTi Automatic
- 2007 Toyota Corolla S 1.8L VVTi Automatic
A bad ECM in the 2005-2007 Toyota Corolla may cause any of numerous symptoms, but the most common are:
- The engine won’t start
- Transmission harsh shifting problems
- The engine starts, but won’t go over 2000 RPMs
- May give error codes P0601, P0606 or P0607
Where is my ECM located in the vehicle?
The 2005-2007 Toyota Corolla engine ECM is located under the glove compartment as shown below:
Notes referring to common questions we receive:
- This unit will fix problems addressed on the 2005 Toyota Corolla ECM recall.
- This is a direct 2005-2007 Toyota Corolla ECM replacement
- ECM (Engine Control Module) and ECU (Engine Control Unit) refers to the same part.
- No programming needed. Your transponder keys will be automatically registered when installing the ECM and starting the car with your keys.
- Warranty of this unit is 12 months.
- We ship worldwide.
- We ship through USPS and FedEx.
- Shipping to the USA through USPS Priority Mail is FREE.
- When installing, it is a good idea to disconnect the vehicle battery, but it is not a must.
- No core charges. You do not need to send back your old ECM as a core.