Engine Control Module (ECM/ECU) for 2005, 2006, and 2007 Toyota Corolla 1.8L, Automatic transmission models. This ECM fits the Toyota Corolla, Corolla LE, CE, and S trims. It also fits the 2005/2006 Toyota Matrix. This ECM has been refurbished and programmed with the latest calibration version available for these units directly from Toyota. VIN INCLUDED.
TOYOTA PART# OF THIS ECM: 89661-02D01
PLEASE NOTE – Processing time, if any, is always noted at the product information block, below the “Add to Cart” button above. This is the maximum time that the order can take to be processed before it is actually shipped to you. The shipping time count starts after Lead Time.
Exchangeable Part numbers that can be directly replaced with this ECM:
So in the case that this part is out of stock, you may check the following ECMs which are 100% compatible.:
WHY BUYING FROM US
We offer quality items that are backed up with a great warranty. These ECMs are tested, their calibration is updated, the VIN number is programmed for you at NO extra cost if you provide it when ordering, and these ECMs are programmed to start your car. You will get the best value on these ECMs when you buy from us.
You probably have learned that used ECMs need to be programmed in order to start the engine and it is true, but NOT with this ECM. Instead of needing to spare time and money to go to a shop or dealer for programming your ECM in order to start the engine of your car, this ECM only needs to be installed and it will be ready to be used with your keys. No programming is needed.
VIN (VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER)
- When you order, at checkout we provide a form for you to enter your vehicle’s VIN.
- If you do not provide your VIN with the order or in an email within 24 hours after placing the order, we will ship the ECM without the VIN number. In this condition, the car will still start and function as normal, but the check engine light will be on with the “VIN Mismatch” error code.
- Please, be accurate when entering the VIN (17 alphanumeric characters). If you provide a wrong or mistaken VIN, please contact us with the correct number within 24 hours after the order is placed. Otherwise, we cannot be held liable for programming no VIN, or the incorrect VIN.
- Lastly, we understand that mistakes do happen. If you send the wrong VIN or do not provide any, maybe you forgot to do so. You may send back the ECM and let us know the VIN so we can program it in the ECM. In this case, the service will not be charged, but we would need to charge the shipping expenses determined by USPS or FedEx (your choice).
IDENTIFYING THE PART NUMBER
The part number of your ECM is located on the label at the top of the ECM as shown below.
Please, before ordering, always make sure your actual ECM part number matches the part number of this ECM or any of the exchangeable part numbers listed further above on this page.
List of vehicle models that this ECM will fit on:
- 2005 Toyota Corolla CE 1.8L 4 CYL Automatic (A/T)
- 2005 Toyota Corolla LE 1.8L 4 CYL Automatic (A/T)
- 2005 Toyota Corolla S 1.8L 4 CYL Automatic (A/T)
- 2006 Toyota Corolla CE 1.8L 4 CYL Automatic (A/T)
- 2006 Toyota Corolla LE 1.8L 4 CYL Automatic (A/T)
- 2006 Toyota Corolla S 1.8L 4 CYL Automatic (A/T)
- 2007 Toyota Corolla CE 1.8L 4 CYL Automatic (A/T)
- 2007 Toyota Corolla LE 1.8L 4 CYL Automatic (A/T)
- 2007 Toyota Corolla S 1.8L 4 CYL Automatic (A/T)
A bad ECM in the 2005-2007 Toyota Corolla may cause any of numerous symptoms, but the most common are:
- The engine won’t start
- Transmission harsh shifting problems
- The engine starts, but won’t go over 2000 RPMs
- May give error codes P0601, P0606 or P0607
The 2005-2007 Toyota Corolla engine ECM is located under the right dash area (below glove compartment area) as shown below. It has a plastic cover, which is attached with two plastic plugs, then the ECM is attached by 4 Tork screws.
Notes referring to common questions we receive:
- This unit will fix problems addressed on the 2005-2008 Toyota Corolla ECM recall.
- This is a direct replacement for the 2005-2007 Toyota Corolla ECM.
- ECM (Engine Control Module) and ECU (Engine Control Unit) refers to the same part.
- No programming is needed for starting the engine. Your transponder keys will be automatically registered when installing the ECM and starting the car with all the keys you have.
- If you provide the VIN number when ordering, we will program it into the ECM for you at NO extra cost before shipping it.
- The warranty for this unit is specified at the top of this page.
- We ship worldwide.
- We ship through USPS and FedEx.
- Shipping to the USA through USPS Priority Mail is FREE.
- When installing, it is a good idea to disconnect the vehicle battery, but it is not a must.
- No core charges. You do not need to send back your old ECM as a core.
These are refurbished products. Their internals have been refurbished and put back to factory conditions and have been tested and made sure that they work as intended. In addition, we added a reasonable warranty to them for peace of mind of our customers.
However, while the images shown in this listing are images that identify the product, they are intended for representation purposes only. The actual aesthetic condition of the product may vary depending on the condition of the item (like new or with use marks or blemishes, neat or stained or partially oxidized, straight or with dings, etc.) Nevertheless, we always pick and clean the best one we have at the moment of shipping the order.