* Business days that will approximately pass before this item can be dispatched.
We can professionally prepare your Honda ecu (1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994 and 1995) to receive a Performance Chip!
We have many years on automotive and electronics servicing experience and will do a high quality job on your ecu.
If you either feel you can not do it yourself, do not have the needed tools, no one in your area is willing to do the job or costs on local shops are too high, we will gladly do it for you affordably.
The listed price is for the service only and includes the chip socket to be installed and any other part(s) that might be needed on some OBD-I ecus, like the P28 and P06.
Performance chips are not included, but if you buy one from us along with this service, we will refund $10 from the order total. This service is backed with a Warranty of 90 days.
Benefits from using this service, include:
- No more broken pins
- No more faulty installations
- No more damaged circuit traces or connections by overheating (very often)
- We guarantee and stand by our service
- Support is available if you have any problem
You will receive back your serviced ecu, instructions and an invoice for the warranty.
Some guidelines to follow:
- Please, remember that problems caused by a faulty engine or faulty ecu can be amplified by installing a racing or performance chip. Always make sure your car's engine is in good conditions. Fix any problem you are having with your car before trying any chip.
- Original specifications are expected by performance chips manufacturers, unless otherwise specified. If you manually advanced or retarded ignition timing on the distributor, or raised fuel rail pressure or installed different size injectors, it can make potentially unsafe problems for your car's engine when installing a chip, unless it was recommended by the chip manufacturer and certified that it will work.
- Intake and exhaust modifications are OK to use with performance chips and are not included on the above warning, unless the manufacturer expressively does not recommend it.
FAQ Q. Where is my computer or ecu located?
(Frequently Asked Questions)
A. Honda ECU car computers are located near the passenger's side kick panel. Its a small squared or rectangular metal box and you will recognize it by looking at its side label. If it is the right unit, it will have a number on that label, with a format similar to the one bellow. NOTE
: Some Honda vehicles use two computers, the ecu (engine) and the tcu (transmission). Please, make sure that the computer number starts with "37820".
37820-P##-###Q. Why would I need this service?
A. If you buy a Performance Chip for your car, either from us or any other seller / manufacturer, your ecu must have a socket installed so you can insert the new chip. Honda ecus come with the original chip (the one to be replaced) soldered on the ecu circuit and must be carefully unsoldered, taking care not to damage the costly circuit and then solder in place a 28-pin socket, so you can insert the new or any other suitable chip.
In addition to that, some Honda ecus (1992-1995 Civic and Integra) will need extra components to activate the new chip, as those ecus come programmed to work without a chip. This service covers either case. Q. What will I need to do for requesting this service?
A. As simple as buying the service on OtherDeal.com by adding it to your shopping cart and sending your ecu to the address provided when the checkout (payment) process is completed (in USA). Please note that you must first be registered at OtherDeal.com, which is free. Q. What if something happens during shipment?
A. Your unit will be insured with USPS domestic insurance. If something happens during shipment, you must first notify the Postal Office where you are picking it up before doing anything else. After that, you must contact us with the details and for requesting the filed insurance document if needed. Q. Do I need to also send you the chip I bought to be installed?
A. No. The chip is not needed at all for doing the installation. After we install the socket in your ecu, it will be a matter of inserting the chip you wish to use. You will also be able to pull it out for replacing it for any other chip. It is very handy for doing performance comparisons between different chips. Q. What's the turnaround time of this job?
A. One day! If it is not weekend or holiday, your worked out ecu will be in the mail the next business day after receiving it.
honda ecu chip
honda chip chipped p28 ecu chipping p28 chip